Monday, January 18, 2010

Pop goes the blog.

La Roux, you might not like her haircut. Lord knows, I don’t.

But you can’t knock her ability to knock out a pop song.

Armour Love is an album track that is just itching to be a single. It’s one of those unrequited love songs that instantly reminded me of a hundred other songs but none I could name, and in doing so had the effect of making me feel very at home with it on first listen. And it’s a pleasant surprise to find that unlike a lot of the current crop of poppettes this one can actually sing too. Which is nice.

But oooooohh it’s catchy, sad and pretty all at the same time. Have a listen.

davey

p.s. I recently saw they have pulled down the link to the video i originally linked to, killjoys, so this one will have to do.


1 comment:

  1. Bill was giving me shit about 'Would I lie to you' being a Eurythmics song in spite of me explaining that I was talking about the Charles and Eddie version. So I made him listen to the whole thing AND watch the film clip. That'll learn him good and proper. xk

    ReplyDelete